[Sca-cooks] Ummm... weird question...

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Mar 12 09:41:52 PDT 2009

The introduction "Early versions of muffins tend to be less sweet and
much less varied" seems to be the wording from
the Armchair Chef or Answers.com.

One really has to wonder why the 11th century, though?
Or maybe it comes from here--
THE FOOD REFERENCE NEWSLETTER
Food History, Trivia, Quotes, Humor, Poetry, Recipes
November 14, 2001     Vol 2 #44   ISSN 1535-5659
James T. Ehler, Editor, james at foodreference.com
http://www.foodreference.com

READERS QUESTIONS
QUESTION: Who invented muffins (not English muffins)? Kathy.
ANSWER: English style muffins which are yeast raised and cooked
on a griddle, may date back to the 10th or 11th century in Wales.
http://www.foodreference.com/html/vol_2_no_44.html

Looks to me like it's just a regular carrot muffin with 11th century
attached.

Johnnae