[Sca-cooks] On-line 1599 English-Spanish Dictionary

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 12 13:30:33 PDT 2009

This came through the Medieval_Spain list on Yahoo. It might be helpful to those not on that list...

----- begin forward -----
>While looking for something else, I stumbled across an online, digitised, searchable version of John Minsheu's 1599 English-Spanish dictionary. This is the one that was so useful for the Alcega translation and is one of the key sources for translating period terms.
>
>http://www.ems.kcl.ac.uk/content/proj/anglo/dict/pro-anglo-dict-main.html
>
>Enjoy! All my previous evening plans are off now...
>
>Best,
>
>Ynes
----- end forward -----

BTW, anyone know of a 15th or 16th c. entirely French dictionary? or a French-English dictionary of the same vintage?

Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita