[Sca-cooks] Herbal laxatives

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Mar 15 06:09:05 PDT 2009

Pat Griffin wrote:
> Stephen asked for herbal laxatives.
>
> The first one I thought of was Senna, but is Senna an herb?
>
> Lady Anne du Bosc, Called Mordonna
> Thorngill, Meridies

I thought senna was bark, which would be more of a spice than an herb...

Many years ago, at summer camp, our counselor told us that one of the
cabins had done an overnighter in the woods, and when they gathered
firewood to cook their food, they happened to gather up some cascara
along with the alder and birch they found.

Let's just say it was a long night.

'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore