[Sca-cooks] John de Garlande's dictionarius / translation

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sun Mar 22 13:53:29 PDT 2009

>David/Cariadoc, do you or anybody else know if this translation was
>published? Somebody owns a copy?

I believe it was published, and I'm pretty sure Marion has a copy.
But I doubt it's still in print.

I can ask her for details. A little googling suggests that it's
almost certainly:

Rubin, Barbara Blatt. The dictionarius of John de Garlande, ISBN:
0872911551 9780872911550. (Lawrence KS: Coronado Press, 1981)

Sounds like the name I remember. But I can't find any copies
available for sale online.

><<I believe a, perhaps the first, translation of the Dictionarius into
>English was done by the mother of Marion of Edwinstowe. That's from
>old memory, but I think correct. -- David/Cariadoc >>
>

>That would certainly spare my rusty Latin.
>

>E.

David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com
daviddfriedman.blogspot.com/