[Sca-cooks] ambergris

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Sun Mar 22 15:01:27 PDT 2009

Regards ambergis this bit of infornation gleaned from the web.  Perhaps it
will help:
Ambergris occurs as a biliary secretion of the intestines of the sperm
whale, and can be found floating upon the sea, or in the sand near the
coast. It is also sometimes found in the abdomens of whales. Because giant
squids' beaks have been found embedded within lumps of ambergris, scientists
have theorized that the whale's intestine produces the substance as a means
of easing the passage of hard, sharp objects that the whale might have
inadvertently eaten.

Ambergris can be found in the Atlantic Ocean; on the coasts of Brazil and
Madagascar; and on the coast of Africa, of the East Indies, The Maldives,
mainland China, Japan, India, Australia, New Zealand and the Molucca
islands. Most commercially collected ambergris comes from the Bahama Islands
and Providence Island in the Caribbean.

Bernard PERRIN Courtage
Z.I. des Bois de Grasse
B.P. 91006 - Arthes
06131 GRASSE Cedex
FRANCE

Expert in selling and buying WHALE AMBERGRIS
Telephone: +33 611745109
Fax: +33 493 709061
Mail: expert at ambergris.fr

SELL YOUR AMBERGRIS TO WWW.PROFUMO.IT

for expertise on quality and selling your find of please contact us
Tel:  00 39 0541 86 30 13
Skype username: profumo.it
profumo at profumo.it

In Italian: Ambra grigia