[Sca-cooks] OT- Peerage Oaths

Terri Morgan online2much at cox.net
Tue Mar 24 01:56:38 PDT 2009

> So, does anyone belong to a Kingdom where they don't
> have Masters of Arms? Shoshonna, which Kingdom(s) do
> you understand not to acknowledge them?

Atlantia, for one. If we have a Master of Arms, they are an import. There
have been loud and definite statements from many of our Knights that no MoA
would ever be made in this Kingdom - and from what I have observed,
candidates are vetted well in advance to ensure that they will swear fealty
come the day.

It's a pity, but one cannot force a change of unofficial policy on a group
of people - any Royal who'd try would be laying a huge burden on the
shoulders of the MoA as he (or she) (no, wait, we've never had a female
knight, either) would be shunned by a significant body of the Chivalry.

Hrothny