[Sca-cooks] Spice merchanting

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Mar 24 04:09:58 PDT 2009

 From another list but it may of interest to a number
of people in the Midwest --  Johnnae

Greetings to one and all,
I am reintroducing myself as I've been absent from the list quite some
time.
I am Caitriona Mac Dhonnachaidh.  I've been around the Midlands since
about 1985, living in Baile na Scolairi, Swordcliff and Shattered
Crystal, just on this side of the Calontir border.  For the last several
years I've been busy in the scribal and heraldic community, as well as
running or mentoring several event kitchens.

At Awakenings, we debuted Spicewell's Essentials, a small spice company
focusing on those things you may not be able to easily find at the local
supermarket spice aisle.  Our stock includes cubebs, long pepper, grains
of paradise, saunders, organic lavender flowers, saffron, hyssop and
other useful items.  We freshly grind our poudre fort the night before
each event.  Additionally, we are carrying several finishing salts,
including Himalayan pink, Hawiian black, Alderwood smoked as well as Sel
Gris and a sea salt from Malins, where they've been evaporating sea
water and harvesting the salt for hundreds of years.

Currently, our event schedule includes the following:
April 4 Stone Dog Inn
April 18 Rites of Spring
April 25 (tenative) RUM
Memorial Day weekend Crown Tournament and Kingdom A&S
June--Butts & Bales

I hope we may be of service.

Caitriona
spicewells at yahoo.com <mailto:spicewells at yahoo..com>