[Sca-cooks] A little article I wrote on Le Menagier's sausages...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 24 12:00:52 PDT 2009

On Mar 24, 2009, at 2:41 PM, Johnna Holloway wrote:

> Before they disappear the event details are at:
>
> Schola and Dance at the River's Head Inn
> http://scaducks.org/schola.php
> Tentative Schola Class Schedule
> http://scaducks.org/schedule.php

That was it...

> Can you tell us how many people attended and how many servings were
> prepared?

I had been told to expect at least 65 people, so I planned on about 75
servings for most things, figuring the numbers might increase as the
day approached, and if there were 80 people and we ran out of
something, there'd be more food coming within an hour or so (and there
was bread and butter and fruit out all day, not to mention a certain
brown intoxicating beverage much used by the Turks), so I felt fairly
unconstrained in that regard.

The two egg dishes (the hanoney and the sawgeat) I put out about 50
servings of each, at more or less the same time, since it was early in
the day and not everyone had arrived onsite as of that time...

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter