[Sca-cooks] Honey butter was lunch ideas- feedback

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sun Mar 29 18:55:35 PDT 2009

I believe that we've discussed my article on the topic here
before. I've  wondered for some years if honey butter comes out of
someone misreading a comma decades ago. There are passages
that say "honey, butter". Did someone misread a list and think what
a splendid idea or did it originate in the cookbooks of the 1960's
as Dame Katja suggests? Again it's one of those concoctions
that hardly needs a recipe and in households that made butter on a
daily or near daily basis, was it done to hide an ill tasting spring butter?
(There's nothing quite like butter made from cream when the cows have
been eating wild onions.)

The article is: Honey Butter and Butter Sculptures
http://www.midrealm.org/pentamere/pdfs/Gauntlet_Jan-Mar08.pdf

Johnnae