[Sca-cooks] Baker of Bagels in the 11th C

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Mar 31 14:45:14 PDT 2009

Regarding S.D. Goitein A Mediterranean Society--
the author died in 1985, so he could not have been using Annals of the
Caliphs' Kitchens. Ibn Sayyar al-Warraq's Tenth-Century Baghdadi
Cookbook. English Translation with Introduction and Glossary by Nawal
Nasrallah.

So the question remains -- is there a footnote with the source indicated?
Once we know that we can track it. I own the Annals so if it can be
traced to Ibn Sayyar I can look it up.

Johnnae