[Sca-cooks] Arts and Sciences; bread

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Mar 31 16:04:25 PDT 2009

People really like the idea of using Samuel Adams Summer Ale
"Samuel Adams® Summer Ale is an American wheat ale.
This summer seasonal uses malted wheat as well as lemon zest and grains
of paradise, a rare pepper from Africa first used as a brewing spice in
the 13th Century to create a crisp and spicy flavor and body. The ale
fermentation imparts a background tropical fruit note reminiscent of
mangos and peaches. All of these come together to create a quenching,
clean finishing beer perfect for those warm Summer days."

See the cake practically sells itself. This is the Tudor-Jacobean Great
Cake out of
the MWBofC as edited by Karen Hess.
www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/*Great*-*Cake*-art.html

Johnnae