[Sca-cooks] Honey Butter

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Tue Mar 31 22:19:21 PDT 2009

I was introduced to honey butter in the late 60s in the mundane world by my
grandma. The Red Roof Inn (?) or a restaurant that was near one had honey
butter and fresh baked bread. Also had a huge hive on one side of the
restaurant behind glass.
I had understood that honey butter became a staple at feasts due to a
misunderstanding that the recipe was from a medical manuscript and for
medicinal purposes. But back then people grabbed whatever
Medieval/Renaissance recipe they could find. I remember in the early
eighties the beer bread that was always served as the dessert at 4 local
events in a row due to the lack of recipes. And then there are the
experiments that should have been pre tested. Like the sweet and sour kidney
beans at one event. Looked bad, smelled bad, and yep, tasted bad.

De