[Sca-cooks] HELP? What makes a good book on Gastronomy?

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 07:46:00 PST 2009

It's not likely that there is a difference in the English editions as the
book was originally written in English.  The author, Okakura Sakuzo, was
Curator of Oriental Art at the Met in NYC.  So the different editions are
probably varying publications of the book...I know I have had, over the
years...they seem to walk out of my front door never to return...numerous
editions that didn't look anything like the previous one I had.  I even
found one at a local used book store that was in like new condition that I
gave as a Christmas gift...and I hadn't seen that particular edition before!

Kiri