[Sca-cooks] Fwd: Media Inquiry for Historic Cooks/Hearth Cooks

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Fri Mar 6 16:41:51 PST 2009

In a message dated 3/5/2009 4:40:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, johnnae at mac.com
writes:

<<Subject: Media Inquiry for Historic Cooks/Hearth Cooks

Date: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 4:22 PM

Hi,

I am a casting producer for an ABC reality television series called
/Wife Swap/. I am currently looking to feature a historic
cook/living history docent and their family on a special episode of
our show. >>

Nobody should touch this with a 10 foot pole.  If you've never watched "Wife
Swap", the real premise is to show how wierd some people are.  There has been
an SCA family on this show before.  I don't know if they really were as
portrayed, but it came out looking like the kids from the SCA family were completely
isolated from normal life; the "rules change" instituted for them was to send
them to public school and make them wear modern clothes.  Whereas the SCA mom
started homescooling the other kids and wear garb and bake all their own
bread ina wood-fired oven (maybe not exactly that, but you get the point).

The last one I caught a little bit of swapped a severely homophobic woman who
also believed that children known to be disabled in the womb (such as Down
syndrome) should be aborted, with one half of a lesbian couple who had friends
with a daughter with Down syndrome.  I think that says it all right there.

Brangwayna Morgan
Shire of Silver Rylle, East Kingdom
Lancaster, PA
steps!