[Sca-cooks] Ummm... weird question...

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 12 18:33:00 PDT 2009

<<< I like how this recipe taken from your "Pilgrim's Picnic Basket" has
text implying you gave permission to reprint.
http://www.grouprecipes.com/48006/cotignac-of-quinces---quince-
marmalade.html >>>

Hmmm. I'm not sure what the TI article says on republication
permission or even how she would have seen a copy since I'm not sure
if it is on the web or not, at least as a TI publication.

It *is* available in the FEASTS section of the Florilegium as:
Picnic-Basket-art (26K)  5/21/08    "A Pilgrim's Picnic Basket" by
Master
                                        Gideanus Adamantius, O.L.

but if that is where it was copied from, it is a violation of the
republication release, which is:
------
Copyright 1996 by Philip Troy (troy at asan.com). Permission is
granted for republication in SCA-related publications, provided the
author is credited and receives a copy.

If this article is reprinted in a publication, I would appreciate a
notice in the publication that you found this article in the
Florilegium. I would also appreciate an email to myself, so that I
can track which articles are being reprinted. Thanks. -Stefan.

-------

I would not consider that website an "SCA-related publication", nor
have I ever received a notice of any such republication. At least in
this case Adamantius (and TI) got some credit.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com