[Sca-cooks] Bunny / Hare (and other) molding pans

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 16 13:23:04 PDT 2009

> I think tomorrow we should discuss chocolate bunnies and messenger
> hares
> because I have come across this neat church carving of a rabbit
> that looks like a number of chocolate molds.

"Messenger hares"?

One of my long-term food-related research interests is a brief history
of molded pots / shaped pans / "grill marks" / loaf marks and the like.
Pretty certain I can raid the list archives for many good starters on
the effort, but I can occasionally be a bit of a completist.

Even when I can also be silly.

> Meanwhile I am safely in Michigan where it was a high of 54 degrees
today
> sunny with no rain. It was outdoor grilling weather at lunch. The
little
> girl next door
> thought my car was on fire. She could see smoke but not the grill
being
> used because it was hidden behind the CR-V. The daffodils are even
starting to
> emerge from the ground.
> (I expect we'll have at least one more big snow. We usually do.)

Poor tot, messing with her mind that way.

And poor Johnnae. The snow WILL end (this year); I'm still glad to have
made it back to Texas when I did and be MOSTLY thawed out now (last
contract had me in central Wisconsin until mid-January; while I can
survive and even thrive in sub-zero for a little while, my vehicle is
certainly happy after having been continuously in below freezing
temperatures for more than two months and at least a dozen nights
subzero.  We won't even touch upon my rapturous toes for the moment.)

> Gulf Wars shows rain ending Tuesday with highs in the 70's then,
> so maybe they can dry out before heading home.

They and we can but hope -- Gunthar's used to it (or should be) and
should know when to leave the extra-pretty clothing in camp, but HRM
Elizabeth could certainly do without dealing with the mud.  We like
seeing her all dressed up, we do, and wanna share the experience with as
many furriners as possible!

<GRYN>

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe
Kitchen Idiot, Cathedral of the Cheesey Salamander

Mike C. Baker
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com   OR MikeCBaker at verizon.net
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen