[Sca-cooks] Whoopie whatever

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Mar 19 07:04:30 PDT 2009

I think they do vary across the country, and certainly they are trendy.
Of course if they weren't trendy, why else would they be in the New York
Times or on the counter
at the local food market in my downtown?

The other continuing trend that is mystifying food writers is the continuing
publication of books devoted to all things cupcakes. Chronicle Books now has
cupcake journals and notecards, and soon to come a baking kit. Why you
want to buy
your cupcake liners at the bookstore and not in the grocery store I
don't know?
Still others are offering cupcake calendars.
Coming in June for the summer season is /Martha Stewart's Cupcakes: 175
Inspired Ideas for Everyone's Favorite Treat/.
Cupcake weeks on her show get high ratings.
One that I think looks different is this title coming out in August.
It's titled: Ghoulish Goodies: Monster Eyeballs, Fudge Fingers, Spidery
Cupcakes, and Other Frightful Treats
It includes recipes for Halloween and scary parties, so it's not all
cupcakes.
It still features a cupcake with a monster on the cover though.

Johnnae
(Ok I do own Hello Cupcake. Cute pictures, ideas, and Costco had it
really cheap)