[Sca-cooks] Is Rhubarb period for Europe? or not?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon Mar 23 19:01:49 PDT 2009

> I do sometimes violate strict characterizations in deciding which  file to
> place some items, and instead place them where people expect  to find
> them. For instance, the files about tomatoes are in the  vegetable, not
> the fruit section. So if you were looking for info on  rhubarb, where
> would you first look for it? Perhaps I should move  this particular
> message.
>
> Stefan

If I were looking for rhubarb, I'd look for a rhubarb-msg under vegetables.
The root is used medicinally, the stalk is eaten as avegetable, and the
leaves have been used as herbs, although this latter use is not recommended
as they are poisonous.

The reason you probably don't see much about rhubarb being eaten in period
is that it requires a lot of sugar to make it palatable.

Bear