[Sca-cooks] lunch ideas- feedback

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sun Mar 29 11:30:30 PDT 2009

Questions come to mind.
What does the group expect you to produce for either $2.00 or $3.00?
What have you promised already or what is commonly served at one of these
lunches? (Is this site far away from other sources of food so that your
lunch will
be the only food in 20 miles?) Di people bring other food and this is
just a snack?
What if any are the site restrictions?
Does the site allow you to bring in food prepared offsite?
Is this to be served indoors or outdoors?
Are you supplying everything from tablecloths to napkins, paper plates,
cutlery
for this price? How about drinks?
What do you have in terms of warehouse stores in your area? Will they
give the SCA
a discount? Is this food to be served cold or grilled or is there a kitchen?
Is the 50 a firm number? How many children? How many servings are needed?
How much extra are you willing to chip in of your own herbs, spices, etc.?
Often on a luncheon this size you might find yourself making and
donating the
breads and perhaps the desserts.
Any supplies owned by the group that you can use? Bulk herbs and spices
come to mind.
Are you doing this and transporting this solely on your own or do you
have help?

Recipes are easy. We all have cookbooks and there is the Florilegium
plus the archives.
Sometimes it's the planning that needs considerable thought.

Johnnae