[Sca-cooks] lunch ideas- feedback

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Mar 29 20:52:53 PDT 2009

Talking about meat pies, Celia commented:
  <<< Meat (or chicken) pies (along the lines of "pasties") were
always popular back when I was doing field lunches.  I made them for a
demo once in tart shells rather than large pie shells so that they
were individual, in the hand servings.  I've since been told
(this was more than a decade ago) that the recipes I was using were
more "perioid" than period, so rather than share those specific
recipes I'd echo what many here have said... try the flori-
thingy :) ... there should be lots of recipes there for something that
will serve. >>>

Lol.

Okay, here are the files on pies and tarts in the Florilegium:
pies-msg         (202K) 11/13/08    Period pie crusts, meat and fruit
pies.
tarts-msg        (108K)  6/22/08    Period small, open-topped,
shallow pies.
   (I have another ~100K to add to this file. Been trying to decide
how to split off some of it, so I've not added it. But I will if you
need it, or send it to you in an unedited state)

These are in the FOOD section. the following is in the FOOD-MEATS
section:

fish-pies-msg     (16K) 12/ 9/08    Period fish pies. Recipes.
meat-pies-msg    (158K) 11/13/08    Period meat pies. Recipes.

Of course, there are also fruit pies. In the FOOD-FRUITS section:

fruit-pies-msg    (68K) 10/10/08    Period fruit pies. Recipes.
Baking pies.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas