[Sca-cooks] Salt in Iceland (was Honey butter)

euriol at ptd.net euriol at ptd.net
Mon Mar 30 10:52:25 PDT 2009

I had a chance this past weekend to glance at a research paper on Icelandic Skyr & Mysa (curds & whey) and I think this was mentioned in the paper (I've asked the author for a copy that I might be able to read it cover to cover).

If I'm remember right from the paper, it was the scarcity of wood that made the harvesting of the salt impractical in Iceland.

Euriol