[Sca-cooks] Honey butter was lunch ideas- feedback

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Mar 30 18:46:06 PDT 2009

In the Midwest in that same time period restaurants such as Nickerson
Farms were known also for serving honey butter along with fresh made bread.
The question would be did it appear in the West prior to appearing in
feasts in say the Middle in 1969-1970.

Mentions still turn up on blogs
http://www.ericrogers.org/weblog/archive/153/
Individual fresh baked loaves of bread served with fresh honey butter.
http://foodczar.blogspot.com/2008/04/tales-from-bar-side-2-texas-roadhouse.html
http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/tm.aspx?m=14711&mpage=17
I must admit, I'm only through reading page nine in this post, but I was
wondering if any of the Nickerson Farms restaurants are still in
business. Whenever we would go out West to see my uncle, we would have
to stop at every one we drove by. I rememeber the bee hives and the
wonderful fresh bread and honey butter. I can't remember any of the
other food, but man was that bread good! Alice

I know that we used to stop and eat at one on our way to and from events
in St. Louis to our home base
in Champaign-Urbana.

Johnnae