[Sca-cooks] Honey Butter

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Tue Mar 31 18:15:12 PDT 2009

> When I was a girl scout in the 70's, I don't remember ever doing honey
> butter, but we did do Pooh butter - peanut butter and honey. Yummy stuff.

[Pooh pedant] Surely peanut butter is  OOP for 1920s England?  It
would be theoretically available, but not likely to be part of the
diet of Edward Bear. [/Pooh pedant]

When I do dayboards, I put a small bowl of honey next to the butter.

--
Brighid ni Chiarain, East

Peanut butter got its start in the US about 1890.  William Norman, an
English chemist developed the hydrogenation process in 1901.  The first
hydrogenated peanut butter, Peter Pan, was introduced in 1928.  So, while
peanut butter is possible in 1920's England, I agree it's not likely.  But
what about other nut butters?

Bear