[Sca-cooks] lunch suggestions

devra at aol.com devra at aol.com
Mon Mar 30 08:20:26 PDT 2009

Pickles are a popular addition to a lunch board, esp if there is fighting. And they can be gotten pre-cut in spears relatively cheaply.

If serving pies, an empanada press, which cuts the pie dough and squeezes the thing shut, is a great help, and they're much easier to serve and eat than a slice of pie. Easier to make than the muffin tin ones, too.

Good vegetarian pies: Tarte in Ember Day (onion), spinache, pea and artichoke. (Yeah, sounds odd, but tastes good.) Less period, but very tasty - pork and apple pie, which is good hot and cold.

(No I don't have documentation. I sell the books, I don't read 'em....joke, it's a joke, really it's a joke.)

Devra