[Sca-cooks] Calontir Cook's Symposium - April 24-26th 2009

G. Allen Johns wombat_girl at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 26 11:13:53 PDT 2009

Only a month remains until the Calontir Cook's Symposium!  Come join us and
sample the wonderful selection of cooking classes on a variety of topics,
from open fire cooking to food sculpture.  Come learn about cooking, and
bring a dish to show off your skills to our potluck in the evening.

April 24, 25, and 26th, 2009
This year's symposium will feature a themed track of Subtleties and Sugar
Work.
Key Note Speaker: Dame Alys Katherine
Camp Marvin Hillyard - 9501 SE Hillyard Rd - Easton MO 64443
Site opens Friday 4/24 at 6pm and closes on Sunday 4/26 at 11am

Site Fees:
Adults - $10.00 + a dish for the potluck (plus $3.00 non-member surcharge as
applicable)
Ages 17 through 8 - $7.00 and under 8 - free
There are a few cabins available to rent for $15.00, space for six people.
(Please prepay for all cabins to the event steward, NO reservation = NO
Cabin!!)
Site is discretely wet.  Camping available for free.

Our website has been updated with a tentative class schedule and class list.
Please go visit it and check out the classes!
Main Page: http://www.calontir.org/cooksguild/
Class Schedule: http://www.calontir.org/cooksguild/classsch2009.html
(Classes subject to change)
FAQ: http://www.calontir.org/cooksguild/faq.html

Additionally - the symposium will have fighting - a regional fighter's
practice and a food related battle.  This is a very late breaking
development, so it is not yet on the web site - but it will be soon!

Event Steward:
Mistress Gwen A'Brooke
Gretchen Allen Johns
913-268-5184