[Sca-cooks] I had a small problem ...

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Fri Nov 6 09:05:45 PST 2009

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Vincenzo said:
> <<< A few weeks ago, A friend was cooking braised ox tail
> in a commercial grade rectangular pan on my stovetop.
>
> There was a noise and a flash of light. >>>
>
> Drakey was visiting you from Lochac???   :-)
>
> Drakey, are you around? Haven't seen you on this list in a while.
> I hope you are okay.
>
> Vincenzo, I'm glad the stove, and you, weren't hurt more.

When it happened, it shot straight up ... I was 2 feet away ...
OTOH, If I had been right over the pan ... that would have been
bad.

> Initially when reading this it sounded much more serious and
> the trouble was  with one of the fancy induction heating
> element stoves we've discussed  here.
> What is your pan made of and how big is the hole in it?

Aluminum; 12 x 18 x 3; Halco A12183 made in Korea; weighs 52 oz.

The new one is a Browne-Halco A12183 made in Pakistan, weighd
50 oz. ... and not quite as good looking as the original one.

> I doubt it is worth repairing it.

I just hate to throw things away if they could be repaired ...

... besides, I was hoping Phlip would chime in with some
metalurgy advice.

> Stefan

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

Visit my online gallery at Renderosity [3D Artist's Community]
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=MGD

So much wisdom and knowledge, but so little time and bandwidth
--MGD