[Sca-cooks] Cookery book at Longleat House?

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Sun Nov 8 12:50:27 PST 2009

Unfortunately Johnnae is right.  Pesky that something that belongs in
the human history corpus is copyright, but they are certainly putting a
huge amount of work into this.   I can only hope that they put it out on
CD for a more reasonable price.  I understand that the economics of
scale don't necessarily apply to books (printing 1000 isn't cheaper than
printing only 200).  I know that I have bought a number of books from
authors for about $15.00 over the Internet using Pay Pal.  The published
prices ran $25.  The difference being that Those were There books to
sell while the Longleat cookery book is the product of several scholars
although it will probably be "owned" by the publisher and those who put
so much personal work into getting it to press will actually get nothing
in royalties.  I believe that Paul Buell and his collaborator have yet
to see a penny from Kegan Paul.  Is that right Kiri?

You say there is a readable copy on CD for sale Johannae.  Where is it
available from?  Probably just for reference because $140 is still too
high for me in these times.  But the information will still be valuable.

Thanks!

Wanda/Regina