[Sca-cooks] Boo for Chef Tom Coliccio

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 12 08:17:28 PST 2009

Kathleen A Roberts wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 22:52:54 -0500
>  Elise Fleming <alysk at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>> On Top Chef tonight, this "expert" declared that the contestant
>> didn't know medieval food, that it wasn't spicy enough because the
>> meat then was so rank that they used lots of spices.  Boo!  Hiss!
>
> Oh, that made me so mad!!!!   Not that I imagine Excalibur serves
> medieval food...

Oh hell no.  One of the national sports of SCA people in Vegas is to go
to Excalibur and point and laugh, just in general.  Talk about the
Toontown version of the Middle Ages!

Used to was, one of the snack bars had a wall mural of a knight on
horseback that looked just like Duke Armand.  If one doubted the
resemblance, one could note that the knight-figure was carrying a shield
with Armand's arms on it.  Ha!  I hear it's not there anymore though.

Selene Colfox, Caid