[Sca-cooks] nutmegs

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 1 18:32:04 PST 2009

<<< The nutmeg trade in the 17th century is recounted in
Nathaniel's Nutmeg: Or, The True and Incredible Adventures of the
Spice Trader Who Changed The Course Of History.

Should be a review in the Florilegium.

Johnnae >>>

Because the review was so short, only a paragraph or two, I kept
debating on whether it should go in the Florilegium or not. To keep
some consistency across the Florilegium and to get the information in
that I thought had to be there, I have a minimum amount of info I
always add. In this case, it was almost as long as the review. So I
kept debating whether to combine the review with other info or not.

Anyway, the review is now in the FOOD-BOOKS section as:
Nathnls-Nutmeg-rev (4K) 11/ 1/09  A Review of "Nathaniel's Nutmeg" by
Johnnae
                                      llyn Lewis, CE.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BOOKS/Nathnls-Nutmeg-rev.html

I would appreciate any comments on the lengths of articles in the
Florilegium. Combine short articles on similar subjects? Put them in
the Florilegium as separate files even if only a paragraph or two
long? Too many files already.

For some more info on nutmegs, see this file in the PLANTS, HERBS AND
SPICES section:
nutmeg-mace-msg   (20K) 10/11/09  Info on the spices nutmeg and mace.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/nutmeg-mace-msg.html

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------