[Sca-cooks] shelling walnut help

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 17:29:05 PST 2009

One important thing here...Ras was correct if you're talking about English
walnuts.  But Black walnuts are another story altogether!  They are VERY
difficult to crack and you rarely will get a whole half a nut out...But they
are really yummy with a very rich taste.

Kiri

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>wrote:

> Morgana asked:
> <<< I'm about to acquire grocery bags of both English and black walnuts.  I
> know we've discussed best ways to shell them, but I don't remember what
> those were.>>>
>

> Simply place the point of your knife firmly in the large end of the walnut
> and twist. Voila! The nut seperates easily and cleanly into two halves
> without
> any effort. :-)
>
> Ras

<snip>