[Sca-cooks] Partial feast debriefing while the massive leg cramps do their thing... LONGISH

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 8 10:50:32 PST 2009

On Nov 8, 2009, at 1:43 PM, Johnna Holloway wrote:

> Congratulations on what must have been a most interesting experience.

Thanks! It was interesting; it's a not-hugely-well-documented slice of
period life that we don't always have much a venue to visit, so I was
grateful for the chance.

> One must ask -- Do people in the East kingdom usually eat the sauces
> as soups?

As far as I know, not generally. I suppose if the sauce is fairly
thin, there's enough of it, and the little card falls down or
something, it's an easy mistake to make. Another possibility is that
the group didn't provide us with too many serving utensils; either
they don't have too many or they forgot to bring them; it's possible
someone took one of the 8 or 12-ounce ladles from one of the soup pots
to serve with, and people drew the wrong conclusion. Luckily the honey
mustard was served in small cups... ;-)

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter