[Sca-cooks] Tharida questions (long)

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 9 23:18:52 PST 2009

Madhavi replied to Cariadoc with:
<<< As far as I know, Martinelli has no expertise in medieval Islamic
cooking. She's simply taken the Perry translation and added her own
comments, reorganized, etc. Some of her comments are lifted from
Perry's footnotes, but I don't think this one is, so I would ignore
it.

** ***
Very good to know. I searched the Florilegium section on ME Food for
mention of Martinelli and found nothing, so I thought it would be
prudent to ask. Thank you!** >>>

If this had been a cookbook, I would have said one of the cookbooks-
msg files would be a better place to look, but no, until you brought
this up, I don't remember any comments about this site/author/editor.
However this will eventually find its way into the Florilegium, but
probably as some of the side conversation in a new Tharida-msg file.
Still have to figure out to describe what a Tharida is in a simple
short sentence.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com