[Sca-cooks] Interkingdom Anthropology

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Tue Nov 10 05:09:05 PST 2009

Yup.  Absolutely.  I've seen tournies held inside, as well, but it was down
in Atenveldt in the middle of summer (and far too hot...like 130s?) to be
moving outside unless absolutely necessary.
Our problem with fighter practices, here in Artemisia, is a combination of
winter snow/ice/cold and lack of much daylight.  In my corner of the world,
by midwinter, we barely get 8 hours of full daylight, which makes outdoor,
after-work fighter practices pretty impossible. <shrugs> So they move
indoors.
Feasts (or lack thereof) are primarily a result of site or time
restrictions...sometimes an otherwise good site won't have a kitchen, or
doesn't allow on-premises cooking and serving of food (such as our local
University), or the logistics are just too gnarly (camping event).
--Maire (Artemisia)