[Sca-cooks] La Biblioteca Gastronomica Digitale di Academia Barilla

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 11 06:23:56 PST 2009

Emilio wrote:
La Biblioteca Gastronomica Digitale di Academia Barilla
http://www.academiabarilla.it/academia/biblioteca-gastronomica-digitale/default.aspx
Among other things there are digital copies of Savonarola, the Epulario 1517, ...

I just checked it out quickly and "oh my god" the works available.
Some of which are in woefully under researched areas.  Or areas where there are few resources.  I'm specifically thinking about
wine - De naturali vinorum historia. Autore:  BACCI Andrea (1524-1600,Editore: Niccolò Muzi,Stampato a: Roma,1596
and milk/cheese - De lactis serique natura, et in medicina usu.  Autore: COSTEO Giovanni (XVI sec-.-1603,Editore: Giovanni Rossi,Stampato a: Bologna,Anno: 1595

Not to mention the copies of scappi, libro novo etc.

Helewyse
Who wishes she had more time to do some serious digging.