[Sca-cooks] Candied fruits--oranges and lemons

Katherine Kretchmar katriona at irontreeworks.com
Sat Nov 14 09:56:28 PST 2009

My mother has candied a variety of citrus with xylitol.  It worked
well.  Xylitol gets cold when you mix it with liquid, so it takes a
bit longer to dissolve than sugar.  Other substitutes do not at like
sugar when cooked (aspertame, saccarine, sucralose, etc), so they do
not make candy the same way.  I use it for cookies and cakes.

Katriona
new to the list, and amazed to actually have an answer.  :)