[Sca-cooks] The end of the 16th c.

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 15 10:55:44 PST 2009

Dudes and Dudettes:

The current millennium did not begin in 2000, that's the last year of
the previous millennium. The current millennium began in 2001.

And 1600 is the 100th year of the 16th century. It is not the first
year of the 17th. There was no year 0 - it went from 1 BCE to 1 CE.
Decades and centuries start in year n01 or nn01. The 17th century
begins with 1601.

We are not looking for pre-1600 stuff, we are looking for pre-1601
stuff. Well, most of the time pre-1601, sometimes i guess perhaps
pre-1651, since 1650 is the last year of the decade that began in
1641.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita