[Sca-cooks] Flourless chocolate cake, was History -- pecan pie recipe

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 20 11:46:58 PST 2009

Jaume wrote:
>  Weird - I'm used to seeing them un-iced, sometimes dusted with
>powdered sugar.

I gave specific details of one kind my mother made and that i find on
many Jewish cooking web sites. The ingredients in the family are very
much like the one that Crixa makes, but theirs is deep and served in
squares, whereas my mother made hers thinner, then prepared as i
described

There's another kind that is dense and gummy that i've had in
restaurants, which is sort of like a compacted deflated mousse, often
with ground nuts in it. This generally goes down the hatch like a
cannonball, although often a delicious one.

I prefer the kind that Crixa makes and my mother made - light and
airy, yet with very intense and rich flavor.
--
Someone sometimes called Urtatim