[Sca-cooks] recipes for plantains?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Nov 28 01:03:24 PST 2009

Back on September 1, Emilio said:
<<< I have eaten bananas but I guess I have never ever seen a plantain
fruit in my life ...>>>

At that time, I would have said the same.

However, I recently noticed in my local HEB grocery what looked like
miniature bunches of slightly green bananas about 5 or 6 inches long.
However the sticker on them said "plantain".

I know that, unlike bananas, they need to be cooked. But I no idea how
they should be cooked. Has anyone eaten these or have recipes for them?

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com