[Sca-cooks] Another thing I brought to Thanksgiving dinner

Ratt rattkitten at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 28 20:28:29 PST 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner

I didn't have to cook since I worked....
But....
Turkey With Herbs Rubbed on Top and Citrus Fruit Stuffed inside
Stuffing from a Box.
Puh De Heh (sp) ((A Ukranian Potato Dumpling)) Basically a Ravioli dough
stuffed with Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Garlic Mashed Potatoes (Leftover from Making the aforementioned Dumplings)
Cubed Potatoes
Steamed Broccoli

All Very Good.

Now the meal I just finished eating and Cooking...

Duck cooked in it's own Oils... (Sort of a Quick Confit...since I didn't
have the time to cool the fat and wrap the duck I simply rendered the
fat from the skin/carcass discarded the skin and Carcass and Cooked the
dismantled duck in the oil)
Served in a Blackberry Coulis with Chateau Bellevue 2007 Bordeaux. With
Herbs from the Garden and Garlic. Yum.....
Golden Beets, Chayote Squash, Cauliflower, Red Onion, Baby Bellas,
aforementioned Herbs, butter, olive oil and garlic (Steamed first then
added olive oil, the herbs, shrooms, and onions and sauteed)
Herbed Rice (Cause I didn't have enough real rice to do a risotto so I
had to use the instant... still good though.)
Served with Folie a Deux Menage Trois California Red 2008
Finished off with Chocolate Pecan Pie Made by Anastasia using My recipe.
(Damn Sinful)
(She made the Pie Thursday for me to use tonight...)

Both Meals were great but Damn that Duck Was GOOOOOODDDD....
And yes once again Stefan... Blackberries and Garlic.... ;)

Got Some GREAT FREAKING News on Friday..... We are all simply bouncing
about it... Not going to spill that yet though..... It will have to wait...

But Had a Fairly good Thanksgiving... And got me a Happy little fat
tummy right now...
Oh and with the leftover Turkey Anastasia started and I finished and am
still working on... Turkey Soup.... About 13 servings for 4.... So we
are all good for soup for the winter.... but we are planning on checking
the stores this coming week for Whole Birds... Both Turkey and Duck.

I have started looking at the Geese though..... Pondering what to do
with those....

Best Damn Turkey I ever had though was the year I whacked it apart (aka
butchered it ) before cooking it and grilled it.... She used the innards
and the backbone and leftovers for soup...

THAT was a DAMN good Turkey... Juicy as all get out including the
Breasts.  Seems that Turkey LOVES the Grill....

Nichola