[Sca-cooks] Apicius question(s)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 3 23:02:15 PST 2009

<<< Vehling.  I know there is a more recent, and perhaps
better one, but Vehling fit the budget, even at Amazon. >>>

Answered with:

<<< Ah! Well, ya gets what ya pays for. Vehling is cheap,
readily available, and woefully inaccurate. >>>

 From our previous discussions there appear to be advantages and
disadvantages to each of these various translations.

For those new to this list, some of this discussion of the different
translations and the pros and cons of each can be found in this file
in the FOOD-BOOKS section of the Florilegium:

cb-rv-Apicius-msg (66K) 12/ 1/06    Reviews of cookbooks having
Apicius recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BOOKS/cb-rv-Apicius-msg.html

Stefan
--------