[Sca-cooks] Minor rant Re: An Event Without a Feast, was Cookery book at Longleat House?

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Mon Nov 9 12:02:19 PST 2009

Anne-Marie Rousseau wrote:

>to me, a "feast" is an event that you sit down at a table and food, prepared by someone else, is brought to
>you. It is often a multi course meal and to my mind, requires certain standards in terms of authenticity and
>panache :)
>
>other food options can include the buffet line, a potluck, a dinner (ie a simpler meal, single course), bbq,
>lunch counter, bag lunches, a la carte, merchants, bake sale, tavern/bar with snacks...the list goes on and on.

We're pretty food intensive, so we also have buffet lunches, basket
lunches, soup kitchens (a simple meal of soup and bread), repasts
(usually a 1-2 course substantial but plain hot dinner), potlucks (still
happens very occasionally), The Mangy Mongol tavern (by Royal
appointment), other tavern-style meals, merchants, and so forth.
Multi-day events here are often fully catered.

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?