[Sca-cooks] compost

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon Nov 9 16:11:14 PST 2009

Susan Lin wrote:
> Okay - I'm thoroughly confused - I saw compost and just assumed you were
> talking about fertilizer.
>
> Please explain, what is this "compost" of which you speak?

It's in one of the Middle English cookbooks (I don't remember which one
at the moment), and a more modernized spelling would be 'compote'. It's
basically a variety of fruit in a solution of wine/vinegar/honey or some
variation thereof.

There's also a recipe for 'Garbage', which is a bunch of savory bits in
a solution. It starts out with chicken feet, so IMNSHO the name made be
appropriate. ;-)

'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore