[Sca-cooks] Boo for Chef Tom Coliccio

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Nov 12 08:25:20 PST 2009

And his blog which is up this am about last night's show reads

"While there were three dishes in the top and bottom, in both cases it
really came down to two.  Jen’s dish was more boring than it could’ve
been, and the meat was a bit tough, but apart from that there were no
glaring mistakes — certainly nothing to rival those of Robin and Eli.
She didn’t really know about medieval cooking. I believe that had she
known more about how rancid meats were the motivating factor behind
the spice trade, or about the use of honey, those facts would have
triggered ideas for her and her dish would have packed a larger punch.
But when her meal was placed alongside those of Eli and Robin, there
was no chance of her being sent home."

http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/blogs/tom-colicchio/inspiration-hotel

Johnnae