[Sca-cooks] Candied fruits--oranges and lemons

Raphaella DiContini raphaellad at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 13 13:02:20 PST 2009

I originally started by quartering the oranges and then scraping the pith off the peel with a knife. The peeling method went much faster and produced much more uniform pieces of peel, and as we candied the peels of 3 full cases of oranges this wound up being a much more streamline method. The next time I do a smaller batch I'm thinking of doing some of each method at the same time now that I've had more experience with the candying process.

Sorry about that, I had written up the information in word and it seems to have done wonky things once it was sent. It should read 1/4 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar for every 1 cup of boiled peels.

In joyous service,
Raffaella