[Sca-cooks] Making vinegar?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 13 13:46:44 PST 2009

Gunthar asked:
<<< I'm thinking about learning to make vinegar.

Any sources on vinegar making? I'm thinking of
trying some when we get moved into the new house
and I have a garage. >>>

The easiest way to make vinegar seems to be to try to make wine. Or
apple cider.

Well, at least that is what I got from several attempts to make apple
cider. Some I just got yuck.  The one time I actually got apple cider
was by accident. :-)

This file does mention making vinegar in period.
vinegar-msg       (92K)  1/10/08    Vinegar in period. Making vinegar.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/vinegar-msg.html

Well, here's a message on *flavoring* vinegar:
----