[Sca-cooks] Passover cakes

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 09:08:52 PST 2009

I have a reproduction of the Sarajevo Hagaddah (Sephardic, 14th century
Spain).  It is full of rich illuminations.  It also came with a commentary
book.  I've only looked it over a few times and I need to spend some time
really reviewing it.  there was also a fictional book that used the Sarajevo
Hagaddah as it's "main character".  Again, I started it but never finished -
I'm no longer a big reader.  I should though.
There are other websites dedicated to it but here's wikipedia - just the
quick details:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarajevo_Haggadah

Why is it called the Sarajevo Hagaddah - because that's where it is now - in
Sarajevo.