[Sca-cooks] THE TWELVE DAYS of THANKSGIVING

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 27 18:54:43 PST 2009

Despite my posting the original song(?), we also went to relative's
houses for Thanksgiving and thus ended up with minimal leftovers.

I made Huwtte's pecan pie recipe using brown sugar Splenda. Yes, you
*can* have too many pecans. Next time fewer pecans or more chopped
ones and less whole ones. It ended up too crumbly, but good. I also
made a fresh key lime pie since I saw fresh key limes in the grocery
store. They must be getting more popular. I don't remember them
showing up in the regular grocery store until recently. The first time
I had key lime pie was on a family trip to Florida and the Keys over
40 (ouch) years ago.

<<< My "Black Friday" shopping trip will be to Whole Foods market, to
snag a
fresh turkey that won't last 'til Christmas, then disassemble it for
ongoing protein needs.  Score! >>>

Was the turkey on sale? Last year I thought I'd easily find a turkey
on sale after Thanksgiving and THEN buy one and cook it for a number
of meals and sandwiches and such. But they didn't go on sale.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com