[Sca-cooks] Another thing I brought to Thanksgiving dinner

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 27 19:45:47 PST 2009

Crustless, because when I first made it I didn't have a pie shell.

It's continued from there.

1 lb mushrooms, sliced
1/2 medium onion, diced small
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbls butter, divided use
2 Tbls Olive Oil
1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
Herbs of your choice
salt & pepper to taste
4 Eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
8 oz shredded cheese (Cheddar, Mexican Mix, or whatever you like)

Directions

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. Add olive oil and 1 Tbls butter to a pan over medium heat. Cook until butter stops bubbling.
3. Add garlic and onions. Cook over medium heat until softened and just beginning to brown at the edges.
4. Add mushrooms and bring up heat to medium high. Add salt, black pepper and herbs. Cook 7 minutes or until mushrooms have softened but still retain some firmness.
Put mushroom mixture into a 12" x 12" baking dish.
5. Put eggs, flour, remaining butter, cream, milk and half the cheese into a blender or mixing bowl. Blend or mix until well blended.
6. Top the mushroom mixture with the remaining cheese then pour egg mixture over.

7. Bake for 35 minutes.

Of course, you can add any kind of filling you like. Chicken with swiss cheese. Ham and cheese.
Tomato. Whatever. It's basically a simplified souffle' and if you serve it immediately it will be light
and fluffy. Let it rest and it collapses to a nice quiche consistantly.

Gunthar
Real men eat any damn thing they want.