[Sca-cooks] Judith has an SCA name!

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 29 21:30:17 PST 2009

D'vorah replied to me with:
<<< On 29 Nov 2009, at 6:53 PM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

Happy Dance! Judith has an SCA name!

Stefan :-)

Hee! I'm a little dancey too, but let's not dance in haste. I haven't
heard anyone comment on it at all, so it may or may not be considered
acceptable and registerable. I haven't formally submitted the name,
and won't until I can tell whether it has a good chance of being
registered.>>>

Oh, I understand. I've particularly cautioned folks to not start
painting their arms on everything until they know that they've passed.

Do you have a last name yet, as well? I'm not really a name herald, so
I don't remember all the requirements, but I thought both a first and
last name were required.

I do recommend doing some preliminary work yourself or with your local
heralds before you formally submit a name.  For several years I helped
handle the paperwork as a clerk for the head herald honchos when they
were here in Ansteorra. It got to be a problem when folks would get a
name or device approved and then submit a different one a few months
later. Or worse, to have someone submit a new name while their first
name was still in the approval process.

But I'm happy to see you making some decisions on your name and persona.

For those interested, there are some articles on names and personas in
the NEWCOMERS and the PERSONAS sections of the Florilegium.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com