[Sca-cooks] OT, OP: Problems pasting into messages under Mac OS 10.6

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 27 19:13:38 PST 2009

I haven't found the answer to my problem in a quick search but I
suspect that others here may have experienced this. I know there are
folks here using the Mac OS.

A few days ago I finally updated to Snow Leopard from Leopard. OS 10.5
to OS 10.6.  Now when I try to paste something from a Word document,
such as the master filelist for the Florilegium or a message from the
Florilegium into a mail message, I get extra blank lines between each
of the printed lines.

I didn't have this problem under previous versions of the OS. I can't
find any setting in the preferences to Mail which will change this. It
sorta looks like it is trying to "help" make a message more readable
on a windows system, but since that is already being taken care of,
I'm getting two CR or CR/LF sequences instead of one.

Removing all these blank lines by hand when I've pasted in something
is getting to be a pain. Perhaps someone (or something) is trying to
tell me I post too much. I don't know.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Stefan
--------